Machine Learning Techniques
- predicting a continuous value, for example, predicting things like the price of a house based on its characteristics, or to estimate the Co2 emission from a car’s engine.
- predicting the class or category of a case, for example, if a cell is benign or malignant, or whether or not a customer will churn.
- grouping similar cases, for example, can find similar patients, or can be used for customer segmentation in the banking field.
- finding items or events that often co-occur, for example, grocery items that are usually bought together by a particular customer.
- discover abnormal and unusual cases, for example, it is used for credit card fraud detection.
- predicting the next event, for instance, the click-stream in websites.
- this associates people's preferences with others who have similar tastes, and recommends new items to them, such as books or movies.